I’m an over thinker and my close friends know that really well! I can think of a million scenarios in a moment and about a situation over & over again! It’s not healthy or nice, I’m trying to slow it down a bit, but having almost 2 hours daily to spend alone in the car isn’t helping. Therefore, as I’m using this blog as a therapy for my thoughts (i even have a full category for that!), I’m sharing with you some questions I think about while stuck in Beirut’s traffic.
Keeping quiet or speaking? Would you scream even if you know that your voice won’t be heard? Would you speak when you know you won’t be understood? Would you speak when you know that the people you’re talking to aren’t worth your words?
Love or ego? If you had to choose between love or ego, what would you choose? Would you sacrifice an eternity of serenity for a moment of pride?
Forgiveness or revenge? If hurt, would you be choosing to forgive & forget or to seek revenge? Will your mind win over your emotions? Will you let yourself dwell in anger or fly with peace?
Tough truth or fake hope? Will you hold on to a fake hope to survive? Or will you keep reminding yourself with the ugly truth, let it kill you & come up stronger?
The world or one person? If you had to choose between the world or one person that means the world to you who would you choose? Would you sacrifice everything for one? Now who is the person that first came up to your mind 😉
I would love to know what would you choose & what you are thinking about so feel free to leave a reply in the comments box or send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Yesterday I turned 28 & I can’t believe I’ll be 30 in 2 years. Although aging in Lebanon is not a really fun task but I feel quite good for growing as I feel better than yesterday & closer to where I want to be.
When forgetting all the pressure that society puts on you, for acting your age, getting married or taking that job, you can see that there is a lot of things to live, experience and learn away from the typical boundaries & that age is not a limit. I wrote this post to celebrate the years that passed by, the people that came in and out of my life & some of the lessons learned.
- God is bigger than all the highs & lows. Trust him at hard times & thank him for the good ones.
- Mistakes are OK so don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s ok to fall; you’ll stand up stronger.
- Live with less. Life is like a hike so take off objects & people that bring you down. Keep it simple & lighter. Don’t buy stuff buy experiences instead.
- Don’t try to be someone else or try to copy everyone else. Each person is unique; each person is amazing in his own way with all the traits & flaws even if they don’t see it. One of the greatest things is making people see the good in themselves.
- Follow your passion. Find the things that make you feel complete; they are your calling, never let go on them.
- Take risks. Because sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone to improve.
- Start loving yourself before loving anyone else. We usually search for someone to love us & to love back, but we end up forgetting to love ourselves.
- Love is not a fairytale; it’s about hard work. Don’t let go on the person you love because of some troubles or because things are not the way they are written in books. Try harder, communicate, compromise, sacrifice, forgive, show support, do all the things that should be done if you believe in it.
- Love should grow with you, or it will die with time.
- For a successful & balanced life, you have to give back. Don’t close yourself off, give from your time, give your ideas, give guidance, give more than you receive, give without expecting to be given in return.
- Heartbreaks & disappointments get worse with age.
- Compromise on what you want not what you need.
- Your time is one of the most valuable things you have. Don’t waste your time; it is a waste of life. Pick well the people you spend your time with, you’re giving them a part of your life.
- Always give a second chance never third.
- Don’t judge people based on past experiences. Open a blank page with every person you encounter or you’ll miss the good things.
- Always trust your instinct, deep inside you know.
- Space is essential in every relationship. Taking some space from people doesn’t mean you don’t love them anymore or that you’re pushing them away, it is just a way to be closer to yourself. Taking some time alone might be the most revealing experience.
- People love differently & they express their love differently. Some will pamper you, but others will push you away. Don’t judge them over that; try to understand their signs instead.
- Never hurt people, especially the close ones. Be careful on your words & actions, some things are irreversible.
- Show people that you care. Don’t assume that people already know that, remind them that you care every now & then. Might be with a gift, a phone call or a simple hug.
- Family comes first. They are the ones that were here when you were born & the ones that will stay next to you until you die. Spend more time with them & make them happy.
- Speak out loud. We live in a crowded world, to be seen you have to speak out loud & clear. And be smart because sometimes silence is louder than words.
- Limit the sharing. Over sharing might confuse you, people don’t always have the right advises. Some might try to help but in fact they’ll only make things worse.
- You learn at yoga classes the importance of a breath so take those deep long breathes & relax!
- Embrace & understand your fears or they will make you vulnerable. Try to overcome them; it will definitely make you stronger. If you can’t overcome them, accept them, no one is perfect.
- Treat your body & mind right. Eat healthy, sleep well, move often & learn something new every day. A healthy being is a source of good energy & you can’t do well to the world if you’re not feeling good.
- Get lost in nature & enjoy the outdoors. Nature is the best therapy. Sea or mountain person, you’ll always find yourself in it.
- If you want it, do it yourself but don’t be afraid to ask for help. Don’t depend on anyone for doing your own work. No one will do the things you should do for yourself instead of you, no one will do them the way you want to. But a lot of people care enough to help so don’t be afraid to ask for help if needed.